Translate

Saturday, July 10, 2010

The Names of God! Jehovah-Raha; Jesus Revealed as the Great Shepherd Part 7

JEHOVAH-RAHA: The Lord our Shepherd

-

Psalm 23:1 The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.

-

ra'ah, raw-aw'; a prim. root; to tend a flock, i.e. pasture it; intrans. to graze (lit. or fig.); gen. to rule; by extens. to associate with (as a friend):-- X break, companion, keep company with, feed, use as a friend, make friendship with, herdman, keep [sheep] (-er), pastor, + shearing house, shepherd, wander, waste.

-

Psalm 23:1 The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. 2 He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters. 3 He restores my soul; He leads me in the paths of righteousness For His name's sake. 4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; For You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. 5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You anoint my head with oil; My cup runs over. 6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me All the days of my life; And I will dwell in the house of the LORD Forever.

Lessons learned from the passage Jehovah-Raha the Lord our Shepherd

1 If you are one who belongs to the pastures of God there is a surrender to Him being the

Shepherd.

2 The Shepherd leads to still waters; the shepherd restores the soul, the shepherd leads in paths of righteousness. It is the Shepherd's staff and rod that bring direction and comfort. It is the Shepherd that anoints.

3 Surrender to the shepherd causes goodness and mercy to follow you! Many saints are busy chasing goodness and mercy. Follow the Shepherd and you will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.

-

Jesus revealed as Jehovah Raha our Great Shepherd:

Ezekiel 34:23 "I will establish one shepherd over them, and he shall feed them; My servant David .He shall feed them and be their shepherd. 24 "And I, the LORD, will be their God, and My servant David a prince among them; I, the LORD, have spoken.

-

John 10:11 "I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep.

-

John 10:14 "I am the good shepherd; and I know My sheep, and am known by My own.

-

John 10:27 "My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. 28 "And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand. 29 "My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father's hand. 30 "I and My Father are one."

-

1 Peter 2:25 For you were like sheep going astray, but have now returned to the Shepherd and Overseer of your souls.

-

Hebrews 13:20 Now may the God of peace who brought up our Lord Jesus from the dead, that great Shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant, 21 make you complete in every good work to do His will, working in you what is well pleasing in His sight, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory forever and ever. Amen.

-

Lessons learned from knowing Jesus Christ as Jehovah Raha the Great Shepherd:

1 The good Shepherd gives His life for the sheep! Only Jesus qualifies. Under shepherds who try and get what ever they can out of the sheep, we need to beware of!

2 Being one of the sheep of Jesus is about intimacy! Jesus knows His sheep and His sheep know Him!

All those who belong to the Shepherd have eternal life!

3 Jesus is the Shepherd and Overseer of your soul! To be His sheep is to know His voice and live by it!

4 Jesus became your Shepherd if you surrendered to the blood of the everlasting covenant. Only Jesus can save your soul. There is not salvation in any other!

5 Through Jesus Christ, God will work in the sheep what is pleasing in His sight. True sheep are surrendered completely to the leading of the Shepherd.

-

-


No comments:

Post a Comment