Translate

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

God Has Not Forgotten; God Will Remember

God has not forgotten you! Even if you feel like you are somehow put on the shelf, God remembers!

God Has Not Forgotten; God Will Remember

Sermon Notes 2010-9-19

-

Isaiah 49:14 But Zion said, "The LORD has forsaken me, And my Lord has forgotten me." 15 "Can a woman forget her nursing child, And not have compassion on the son of her womb? Surely they may forget, Yet I will not forget you. 16 See, I have inscribed you on the palms of My hands; Your walls are continually before Me.

-

What happens when the righteous say God has forgotten? God brings reaffirmation! The world is wicked and as the sin wax worse God is still in control. Will a mother forget the son of her womb; maybe on a outside chance. However God has not forgotten and will not forget; you are inscribed in the palms of His hands!

-

Hebrews 6:10 For God is not unjust to forget your work and labor of love which you have shown toward His name, in that you have ministered to the saints, and do minister. 11 And we desire that each one of you show the same diligence to the full assurance of hope until the end, 12 that you do not become sluggish, but imitate those who through faith and patience inherit the promises.

-

The justice of God will prevail. God will not forget your work and labor of love. God has seen work, your tears, and prayers and calls you to not give up. All your diligence toward His name are not forgotten. Never give up! You can walk with a full assurance to the end! Even if you have blown it in some area, turn your eyes upon Jesus! Reckon yourself dead to sin and alive unto God! His mercies are new every morning!

-

Hebrews 13:5 Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you." 6 So we may boldly say: "The LORD is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?"

-

We can live by the words that proceed from the mouth of God. God Himself is being quoted here in Hebrews 13:5. “I will never leave you nor forsake you”! What a promise! I don’t care the depth of the darkness in your life God will not leave you. You may boldly proclaim “The Lord is my helper and I will not fear what God can do to me”. God Has not forgotten. Men may well forget; however God will consider the thoughts and intents of your heart! His word of hope is “come unto me all you who are weary and heavy laden and I will give you rest”. God will help you and He has not forgotten you, your circumstances, or the godly longing of your soul.

-

Judges 16:28 Then Samson called to the LORD, saying, "O Lord GOD, remember me, I pray! Strengthen me, I pray, just this once, O God, that I may with one blow take vengeance on the Philistines for my two eyes!" 29 And Samson took hold of the two middle pillars which supported the temple, and he braced himself against them, one on his right and the other on his left. 30 Then Samson said, "Let me die with the Philistines!" And he pushed with all his might, and the temple fell on the lords and all the people who were in it. So the dead that he killed at his death were more than he had killed in his life.

-

Here the judge of Israel who had failed miserably because he was ruled by his own lust instead of being lead by God, called out to God. Remember me one more time God! God granted Samson his prayer and God remembered him and all Israel and brought a deliverance from their enemy. Whosoever will call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

-

Luke 23:39 Then one of the criminals who were hanged blasphemed Him, saying, "If You are the Christ, save Yourself and us." 40 But the other, answering, rebuked him, saying, "Do you not even fear God, seeing you are under the same condemnation? 41 "And we indeed justly, for we receive the due reward of our deeds; but this Man has done nothing wrong." 42 Then he said to Jesus, "Lord, remember me when You come into Your kingdom." 43 And Jesus said to him, "Assuredly, I say to you, today you will be with Me in Paradise ."

-

Here one of the sinners hanging on the cross called out to Jesus 'remember me when you come into your kingdom'. What a God, rather a servant of God gone wayward or a sinner for a lifetime, God will hear the cry 'remember me!' God will not forget! God will not forget your labor of love, your tears that you have cried, or your prayers you have lifted before His throne over the years. You have not been forgotten!

-

Galatians 6:9 And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart.

-

Never give up there is great reward continue with due diligence; take heart God will reward those who seek Him will all their heart!

-

Revelation 8:3 Then another angel, having a golden censer, came and stood at the altar. He was given much incense, that he should offer it with the prayers of all the saints upon the golden altar which was before the throne. 4 And the smoke of the incense, with the prayers of the saints, ascended before God from the angel's hand.

The good news, all your prayers are on the alter of the throne room mixed with the incense from the alter. Begin to know God has heard your prayer and seen your tears. They have not been wasted in any way! Keep praying for your sons and daughters God will not forget your labor of love lifted up before the throne room of God.

-

2 Kings 20:5 "Return and tell Hezekiah the leader of My people, 'Thus says the LORD, the God of David your father: "I have heard your prayer, I have seen your tears; surely I will heal you. On the third day you shall go up to the house of the LORD.

-

What is it you are praying for? God’s eye is on the righteous and His ears are attentive to their prayers. God will remember your prayers they still are upon the throne room alter!

-

Psalms 56:8 You number my wanderings; Put my tears into Your bottle; Are they not in Your book?

-

What is it you have shed a tear for? What is the wound of your soul that caused those tears? Can you imagine God bottling up the tears and writing them in His book! There are no wasted tears in the throne room of God.

-

Psalm 139:13 For You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother's womb. 14 I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, And that my soul knows very well. 15 My frame was not hidden from You, When I was made in secret, And skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. 16 Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book they all were written, The days fashioned for me, When as yet there were none of them. 17 How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God! How great is the sum of them! 18 If I should count them, they would be more in number than the sand; When I awake, I am still with You.

-

I know I often bring this passage up in many sermon; however does your soul know well how you are made. Does your soul know well the thoughts God thinks of you? How great is the sum of the thoughts God thinks of you. God know and remembers! God cares for you deeply!

-

1 Peter 3:12 For the eyes of the LORD are on the righteous, And His ears are open to their prayers; But the face of the LORD is against those who do evil."

-

Oh that the church would awaken to the power of prayer. Call a prayer meeting a handful might show up; call an event including food and one is sure to draw a crowd. Oh that we would come to know the heart of God; is God listening for prayers the saints simply are not praying. Are we making no deposit in heaven with our prayers? If the prayers are stored up on the alter may the saints arise and lift prayers up as never before! God will remember our prayers with open ears! Is the greatest revival to come waiting on the prayers of the saints?

-

God has given me such a burden for the senior saints of God who wonder about their usefulness asking why is God still keeping me around. I want to speak this final word in this sermon that God will not forget.

-

I am praying that God will’s will be accomplished in the saints! I pray that the old men will dream dreams just as the prophet said they would.

-

Acts 2:16 "But this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel: 17 'And it shall come to pass in the last days, says God, That I will pour out of My Spirit on all flesh; Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, Your young men shall see visions, Your old men shall dream dreams.

-

God’s economy is upside down from the worlds! The world tells the young people to dream the dreams. In this economy of divine influence the promise is for the old men to see dreams! Oh that the church would esteem the old saints of God. God has caused them to dream dreams! If a vision is started with the dream perhaps God has set in order the kingdom of God ! Let the old men dream and may the young men catch the vision of the dream and the children prophesy; God will use all to bring His will to pass!

-

God has not forgotten the senior saints. I dare say there is more power in the senior saints then they see in their self! What if the church begins to pray for the senior saints as never before! God let your word come to pass and give the senior saints the dreams your word has declared they would have. God give the senior saints the dreams give the young saints the vision and let our sons and daughter prophesy just as your word declares. Pour out your Spirit upon all flesh afresh and anew! God has not forgotten; God will remember our prayers and bring them to pass.

-

-

1 comment: