Translate

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Is Your 1st Expectation God?

What is your 1st expectation? Your life style is your answer! If you have a headache do you call out to God first or do you run to the medicine cabinet? If you lack do you call family member or friend, or do you go to God in prayer? So many in this society run to the government to cure the woes; however God has told us to call out to Him and He will deliver us!

Is Your 1st Expectation God?


Isaiah 40:28 Have you not known? Have you not heard? The everlasting God, the LORD, The Creator of the ends of the earth, Neither faints nor is weary. His understanding is unsearchable. 29 He gives power to the weak, And to those who have no might He increases strength. 30 Even the youths shall faint and be weary, And the young men shall utterly fall, 31 But those who wait on the LORD Shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.

This is a favorite passage of many saints of God, I am not the exception. Down through the years the church has sung “They That Wait Upon the Lord”. However lets back up a few verses from the song and listen to the questions of God.

Have you not Known? Have you not heard? The everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, neither faints nor is weary. Oh saint of God, God is provoking us into remembering who He is! Meditate on His greatness and remember He gives power the weak and strength to those without might. In consideration of His greatness now sing the song! “They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength. They shall mount up with wings like a eagle. They shall run and not grow weary, they shall walk and not faint. Teach me Lord to Wait.”

This waiting on the Lord is not an inactive twiddle your thumbs until He comes. It more like a waiter or waitress serving. In that very serving walking running you will find extraordinary strength. Remember the greatness of God, He does not grow weary of faint, so put your expectation in Him.

Isaiah 45:5 I am the LORD, and there is no other; There is no God besides Me. I will gird you, though you have not known Me, 6 That they may know from the rising of the sun to its setting That there is none besides Me. I am the LORD, and there is no other;

God will gird you to show others His greatness. I find it so interesting He keeps reminding His people of His greatness. He longs for us to exclusively trust in Him because He is God.

Ephesians 3:10 to the intent that now the manifold wisdom of God might be made known by the church to the principalities and powers in the heavenly places, 11 according to the eternal purpose which He accomplished in Christ Jesus our Lord, 12 in whom we have boldness and access with confidence through faith in Him.

The manifold wisdom of God has made a way for us. We have boldness and access with confidence through faith in Christ. The door has been opened wide for our expectation to be God 1st.

Isaiah 45:22 "Look to Me, and be saved, All you ends of the earth! For I am God, and there is no other. 23 I have sworn by Myself; The word has gone out of My mouth in righteousness, And shall not return, That to Me every knee shall bow, Every tongue shall take an oath.

How shall we respond to God calling out to us? “Look to Me and be saved, all you ends of the earth. God keeps reminding His people “I am God”. Why would God need to keep provoking us to remember He is God and there is not another. Us men are fast to look away finding another answer, when all the while Jesus is the only answer. What is it we look to 1st in our adversity? Those who will call out to God have a promise of salvation and the sureness of His Word which can not return it must be fulfilled. Is it any wonder Jesus declare men shall not live by bread alone but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.

Isaiah 43:10 "You are My witnesses," says the LORD, "And My servant whom I have chosen, That you may know and believe Me, And understand that I am He. Before Me there was no God formed, Nor shall there be after Me. 11 I, even I, am the LORD, And besides Me there is no savior. 12 I have declared and saved, I have proclaimed, And there was no foreign god among you; Therefore you are My witnesses," Says the LORD, "that I am God. 13 Indeed before the day was, I am He; And there is no one who can deliver out of My hand; I work, and who will reverse it?"

God has a strong desire that you would know and believe in Him! He is the only true God and there is no other. What do we look to for saving. Only God can save and there is no other. When God works there is no reversing it. He spoke the world into existence; He can speak life into circumstance no matter how bleak it looks to you! So often we are calling our mom or dad, brother, sister, and friend. God wants you to call to Him first and He will save you! When we look to other people or perhaps even the government to save us out of our trouble, how is it we are surprised? Would a mother and father wonder why their child is calling out to a stranger for help? Yet where is our first call?

Jeremiah 33:2 "Thus says the LORD who made it, the LORD who formed it to establish it (the LORD is His name): 3 'Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know.'

God has invited you and is looking for you to call on Him. When we do call to Him are we asking for His help or are we asking Him to have this or that one to bless you? Where are your expectations?

Luke 12:22 Then He said to His disciples, "Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; nor about the body, what you will put on. 23 "Life is more than food, and the body is more than clothing. 24 "Consider the ravens, for they neither sow nor reap, which have neither storehouse nor barn; and God feeds them. Of how much more value are you than the birds? 25 "And which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature? 26 "If you then are not able to do the least, why are you anxious for the rest? 27 "Consider the lilies, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; and yet I say to you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 28 "If then God so clothes the grass, which today is in the field and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, how much more will He clothe you, O you of little faith? 29 "And do not seek what you should eat or what you should drink, nor have an anxious mind. 30 "For all these things the nations of the world seek after, and your Father knows that you need these things. 31 "But seek the kingdom of God , and all these things shall be added to you. 32 "Do not fear, little flock, for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.

You have much more value than the birds and God takes care of them; will He not also take care of you? His care for you is not based upon how much you have sown so that you may reap! Jesus said it “Consider the ravens, for they neither sow nor reap, which have neither storehouse nor barn”; God will take care of you! The victory is in what you are seeking. If you are seeking the stuff there is no victory. However, if you are seeking the Father, His kingdom, and righteousness all the things you need will be added unto you.

Where is your seeking? Another way to put it is where is the object of your faith? If God is your God and the object of your faith is Jesus Christ you will win! Keep seeking the kingdom and God will take care of the stuff. “Do not fear, little flock, for it is your Father’s good pleasure to give you the kingdom.”! What is your 1st expectation? Turn your eyes upon Jesus and look full in His wonderful face…

Isaiah 26:3 You will keep him in perfect peace, Whose mind is stayed on You, Because he trusts in You. 4 Trust in the LORD forever, For in YAH, the LORD, is everlasting strength.

Seeking the Father 1st is a trusting issue. Will you keep your mind on your problems and fears or will you turn your eyes upon the One who can deliver and save. You can walk in perfect peace if you will but set your mind upon Him. Trusting in the greatness of God will change your expectation? Trust God 1st!

Psalm 91:14 "Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore I will deliver him; I will set him on high, because he has known My name. 15 He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him and honor him. 16 With long life I will satisfy him, And show him My salvation."

Where are your affection set? If you will set your love upon God there are some strong and mighty promises. If your love is upon Him you can call and He will answer. He will be with you in trouble; can you receive it? God Himself has promised “I will deliver him and honor him.

Colossians 3:1 If then you were raised with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ is, sitting at the right hand of God. 2 Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth. 3 For you died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God. 4 When Christ who is our life appears, then you also will appear with Him in glory.

What is the object of your love and desire? If your 1st expectation is God you will know the fullness of the abundant life Jesus promised. Many believers are not interested in having their life hidden in Christ. They want their life and God to bless; this is not the kingdom of God way. If any man comes to God he must deny himself and pick up his cross and follow Jesus diligently.

Psalm 62:1 Truly my soul silently waits for God; From Him comes my salvation. 2 He only is my rock and my salvation; He is my defense; I shall not be greatly moved. 3 How long will you attack a man? You shall be slain, all of you, Like a leaning wall and a tottering fence. 4 They only consult to cast him down from his high position; They delight in lies; They bless with their mouth, But they curse inwardly. Selah 5 My soul, wait silently for God alone, For my expectation is from Him. 6 He only is my rock and my salvation; He is my defense; I shall not be moved. 7 In God is my salvation and my glory; The rock of my strength, And my refuge, is in God. 8 Trust in Him at all times, you people; Pour out your heart before Him; God is a refuge for us. Selah

This passage is one of my favorites! My expectation is from God. I will not put my confidence in man! God only is my rock, my defense and I shall not be moved! God is the only safe refuge; God is the only true hiding place! Men will fail you; Jesus never fails! Where is your expectation? So many times we have trouble in our relationships because of misplaced expectations. Well she did not do this or he did not do that… Husband put your expectation in God; wife put your expectation in God. Our 1stexpectation should always and ever be in our faithful God!

Isaiah 25:9 And it will be said in that day: "Behold, this is our God; We have waited for Him, and He will save us. This is the LORD; We have waited for Him; We will be glad and rejoice in His salvation."

It will be said in THAT DAY: has that day arrived? Is it time to come to that day? Behold this is our God; we have waited for Him! We have waited for Him; we will be glad and rejoice in His salvation. Is this your day to make God your 1st expectation?

1 John 5:4 For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world; our faith. 5 Who is he who overcomes the world, but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?

May our expectation ever be in Jesus the precious Son of God; my redeemer lives!


(I might get back to edit this... might not) :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment