Translate

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Coming Out of The Valley of Despair

Walk right out of this valley lift my hands and praise the Lord.

Coming Out of The Valley of Despair

Ezekiel 37:1  The hand of the LORD came upon me and brought me out in the Spirit of the LORD, and set me down in the midst of the valley; and it was full of bones.  2  Then He caused me to pass by them all around, and behold, there were very many in the open valley; and indeed they were very dry.

What do you do when  you find yourself in the valley.  Everything around is beyond dead; nothing left but bone, dry bones.  Is there any hope in the valley of dry bones?  The answer you give will reveal if you have given ear to the voice of God.

Ezekiel 37:3  And He said to me, "Son of man, can these bones live?" So I answered, "O Lord GOD, You know."

Can life be found in the valley of despair?  Ezekiel deferred to God!  “O Lord GOD, You know.”  When we find ourselves surrounded by dry bones it is not time for despair but time to defer to the Living God.  If it is your personal circumstances or perhaps you feel the despair thinking the church needs revival. Too many saints living outside God prescribed order for victory.  Saints not living with their provision, their healing, their joy or peace.  What is it a believer can do?  Defer to God and ask Him can the bones live?

Ezekiel 37:4  Again He said to me, "Prophesy to these bones, and say to them, 'O dry bones, hear the word of the LORD

The time has come for the handmaidens and servants of the Lord to put the word of prophecy in their mouth.  It is hard to put the word of prophecy in ones mouth when  despairing about the dry bones.  We must hear the voice of God calling us to prophesy to the bones.  We have been so busy crying to God, complaining, “if you don’t do something we are in trouble”.  God has  been waiting for us to get the complaint out of our mouth and speak to the bones!  “Bones hear the word of the Lord.”  God calls His children to put His word in their mouth.  We have become experts at telling God all about the problem and how hopeless it seems!  God is the one that put you on assignment; reminding God of it will never bring victory.  Speak the prophetic word to the bones “Hear the word of the Lord”.

Ezekiel 37:5  'Thus says the Lord GOD to these bones: "Surely I will cause breath to enter into you, and you shall live. 6  "I will put sinews on you and bring flesh upon you, cover you with skin and put breath in you; and you shall live. Then you shall know that I am the LORD."' "

Hear the voice of the Lord and live!  If you will speak to the bones the word of God, you give God room to work.  After the prophet spoke, God spoke a word of confirmation to the bones.  Put God’s word in your mouth and quit hindering the work of God.  Quit behaving like mere men, only seeing dry bones and living with despair in your heart.  Jesus often rebuked a fever, spoke to the sickness, spoke to the demon.  Put the word of deliverance in your mouth and speak to the circumstance.

Isaiah 51:16  And I have put My words in your mouth; I have covered you with the shadow of My hand, That I may plant the heavens, Lay the foundations of the earth, And say to Zion , 'You are My people.'"

God has chosen to put His word and our mouth.  Speaking His word brings us under the covering of the shadow of His hand.  It sets God planting the heavens, and laying the foundations of the earth.  It is those who have come to Mount Zion who are the people of God.  Put His word in your mouth and it will bring you out of the valley of despair.

Ezekiel 37:7  So I prophesied as I was commanded; and as I prophesied, there was a noise, and suddenly a rattling; and the bones came together, bone to bone.  8  Indeed, as I looked, the sinews and the flesh came upon them, and the skin covered them over; but there was no breath in them.  9  Also He said to me, "Prophesy to the breath, prophesy, son of man, and say to the breath, 'Thus says the Lord GOD: "Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe on these slain, that they may live."' "  10  So I prophesied as He commanded me, and breath came into them, and they lived, and stood upon their feet, an exceedingly great army.

If you will prophesy the word that God gives you He will be faithful to give you another word.  First Ezekiel spoke to the bones, now God instructs him to prophesy to the breath.  When you prophesy what God commands God’s purpose will be fulfilled.  Notice the prophet spoke to the bones and then he spoke to the breath.  Speak the prophetic word to the circumstances surrounding you.

Zechariah 4:6  So he answered and said to me: "This is the word of the LORD to Zerubbabel: 'Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit,' Says the LORD of hosts.  7  'Who are you, O great mountain? Before Zerubbabel you shall become a plain! And he shall bring forth the capstone With shouts of "Grace, grace to it!"' "  8  Moreover the word of the LORD came to me, saying:  9  "The hands of Zerubbabel Have laid the foundation of this temple; His hands shall also finish it. Then you will know That the LORD of hosts has sent Me to you.  10  For who has despised the day of small things? For these seven rejoice to see The plumb line in the hand of Zerubbabel. They are the eyes of the LORD, Which scan to and fro throughout the whole earth."

Zerubbabel was facing a mountain of rubble.  It was time to build the temple the foundation got laid and the work ceased.  Sometimes it seems like the work of God is not going further.  The prophet came to Zerubbabel, not by might not by power but by My Spirit says the LORD of host.   God  started the work and God will finish it.  Put the word in your mouth!  “This will happen by the Spirit of God”.  Do not try and bring it about by your might or own power.  Trust and lean upon the power of God.  You can walk out of the valley of despair if you will cry out “grace, grace” to the circumstance.

Revelation 3:14  "And to the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write, 'These things says the Amen, the Faithful and True Witness, the Beginning of the creation of God:  15  "I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I could wish you were cold or hot.  16  "So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth.  17  "Because you say, 'I am rich, have become wealthy, and have need of nothing'; and do not know that you are wretched, miserable, poor, blind, and naked;  18  "I counsel you to buy from Me gold refined in the fire, that you may be rich; and white garments, that you may be clothed, that the shame of your nakedness may not be revealed; and anoint your eyes with eye salve, that you may see.  19  "As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten. Therefore be zealous and repent.  20  "Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me.  21  "To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.  22  "He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches."' "

Like the valley of dry bones some despair the condition of the church today.  Yes, I must admit I have fallen into this category.  Laodicea was a church that never put on the God’s robes of righteousness.  The church that thought within itself “I’m okay”.  God seen them as wretched, miserable, poor, blind, and naked.  God counseled for the church to come buy from God.  We have spent much time considering the condition of the church; however, it is the message of God we need to put in our mouth.  As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten.  Therefore be zealous and repent.  One of the greatest invitations in the word should be in our mouth.  “Behold, I stand at the door and knock.  If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me.  We can lament the condition of the church or we can put the greatness of the solution in our mouth.  “He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.”  It is time for us to put the prophetic word in our mouth and it will bring us out of the valley of despair.

Colossians 1:19  For it pleased the Father that in Him all the fullness should dwell,  20  and by Him to reconcile all things to Himself, by Him, whether things on earth or things in heaven, having made peace through the blood of His cross.  21  And you, who once were alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now He has reconciled  22  in the body of His flesh through death, to present you holy, and blameless, and above reproach in His sight;

Jesus's sacrifice is so great that it can present us holy, blameless, and above reproach in His sight.  There is wholeness and soundness for the body of Christ!  We can walk out of the valley of the shadow of death because Jesus is our Shepherd.  The greatness of our redeemer is greater than any valley we find ourselves in!

Psalm 23:1  The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.  2  He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters.  3  He restores my soul; He leads me in the paths of righteousness For His name's sake.  4  Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; For You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.

GOD is here and willing to walk you out of the valley of the shadow of death.  No need to fear the evil because the great Shepherd is with you.  Let Him lead you out!

No comments:

Post a Comment