Translate

Monday, December 28, 2009

Part 3- The Lord's prayer gives us awesome truths about the Kingdom of God!

2009-12-27 Sermon Notes Jesus Prayer part 3
Jesus' prayer ushers believers into this new covenant with divine influence, the authority of His Word, and the power of the baptism of the Holy Spirit.

Sermon Notes

12-27-2009 Jesus Prayer part 3

John 17 is filled with the prayer that Jesus prayed! It is filled with much revelation about Jesus and the will of God the Father! The heartbeat of God is expressed!

John 17:9 "I pray for them. I do not pray for the world but for those whom You have given Me, for they are Yours.

Jesus is praying for those who come into covenant with Him! There is an absolute exclusiveness and it is Jesus! When one comes into covenant with God through Jesus, that one has gained a strong intercessor for their life time.

Heb 7:22 by so much more Jesus has become a surety of a better covenant. 23 Also there were many priests, because they were prevented by death from continuing. 24 But He, because He continues forever, has an unchangeable priesthood. 25 Therefore He is also able to save to the uttermost those who come to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for them.

Those who come into this new and living way have Jesus Himself as their intercessor! Jesus has an unending priesthood. Anyone who believes that they are still under law should be asked what priesthood they are presenting themselves to! Jesus is praying a new covenant prayer and it is for those who have been given to Him by the Father!

John 6:35 And Jesus said to them, "I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst. 36 "But I said to you that you have seen Me and yet do not believe. 37 "All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will by no means cast out. 38 "For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me. 39 "This is the will of the Father who sent Me, that of all He has given Me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up at the last day. 40 "And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting life; and I will raise him up at the last day."

There is a absolute sureness of the keeping power of Jesus Himself as the keeper of the sheep! Those who come to Jesus will never hunger or thirst and He will by no means cast out! Many reject this word but may I remind you we have just quoted Jesus!

John 10:26 "But you do not believe, because you are not of My sheep, as I said to you. 27 "My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. 28 "And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand. 29 "My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father's hand. 30 "I and My Father are one."

Jesus gives eternal life and those who have come into the new covenant are kept in the hand of God!!

John 17:10 "And all Mine are Yours, and Yours are Mine, and I am glorified in them.

Hebrews 2:11 For both He who sanctifies and those who are being sanctified are all of one, for which reason He (Jesus) is not ashamed to call them brethren, 12 saying: "I will declare Your name to My brethren; In the midst of the assembly I will sing praise to You." 13 And again: "I will put My trust in Him." And again: "Here am I and the children whom God has given Me."

Here in Hebrews 2 is unfulfilled prophesy; what a day it will be at it’s fulfillment! Jesus will call us His brother! Then He will sing the praises of the Father to us! At the conclusion of this great song service He Himself will present us to the Father!

Matthew 11:27 "All things have been delivered to Me by My Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father. Nor does anyone know the Father except the Son, and the one to whom the Son wills to reveal Him. 28 "Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 "Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 "For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."

Jesus said it was in His hand to reveal the Father to whom He will! The next statement out of our Saviors mouth was “Come unto me all…”

1 Timothy 2:3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, 4 who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. 5 For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus, 6 who gave Himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time,

Jesus came to seek and to save that which was lost! Jesus did not come to condemn but to give eternal life!

John 1:11 He came to His own, and His own did not receive Him. 12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name:

To those who will believe Jesus stands as intercessor even today!

Rom 8:32 He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things? 33 Who shall bring a charge against God's elect? It is God who justifies. 34 Who is he who condemns? It is Christ who died, and furthermore is also risen, who is even at the right hand of God, who also makes intercession for us.

What a privilege to walk with a covenant keeping God! The one who could condemns is at the right hand of God interceding for us! Praise the Lord!

John 17:11 "Now I am no longer in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to You. Holy Father, keep through Your name those whom You have given Me, that they may be one as We are.

Jesus has great desire for us to walk in oneness with God!

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said to him, "If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him.

John 17:12 "While I was with them in the world, I kept them in Your name. Those whom You gave Me I have kept; and none of them is lost except the son of perdition, that the Scripture might be fulfilled. 13 "But now I come to You, and these things I speak in the world, that they may have My joy fulfilled in themselves. 14 "I have given them Your word; and the world has hated them because they are not of the world, just as I am not of the world. 15 "I do not pray that You should take them out of the world, but that You should keep them from the evil one.

Jesus has given us His Word! Jesus has given all that we need for the issues of life! Jesus came full of grace and truth! And of that very fullness we have all received grace for grace! Divine influence upon divine influence is the only way we can receive from the hand of God and there is no other way to receive.

John 1:16 And of His fullness we have all received, and grace for grace. 17 For the law was given through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.

2 Corinthians 10:4 For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds,

Jesus has armed us with His divine influence upon our hearts, we have been given the Word of God, and He has promised for every believer the Baptism of the Holy Spirit! The weapons that Jesus has given us are mighty for the pulling down of strongholds!

We have been given assurance of salvation by faith in Christ, and we have been given His word providing the authority that is needed; He is the Baptizer in the Holy Spirit giving us all the power we need! If the object of our faith remains in Jesus Christ and His intercession for us is on going, how can we fail? John 17:15 will be brought to pass and we can walk with victory over the evil one!

No comments:

Post a Comment