Translate

Saturday, November 8, 2014

Lifestyle of Praise and Worship lesson 3

We are called to worship the Father in Spirit and in truth. Daniel was man of worship!
John 4:20  "Our fathers worshiped on this mountain, and you Jews say that in Jerusalem is the place where one ought to worship."  21  Jesus said to her, "Woman, believe Me, the hour is coming when you will neither on this mountain, nor in Jerusalem , worship the Father.  22  "You worship what you do not know; we know what we worship, for salvation is of the Jews.  23  "But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him.  24  "God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth."

The Father is seeking worshipers!  Every believer has been connected Spirit to spirit with God and can choose to worship.  Know, your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit.

1 Corinthians 14:14  For if I pray in a tongue, my spirit prays, but my understanding is unfruitful. 15  What is the conclusion then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will also pray with the understanding. I will sing with the spirit, and I will also sing with the understanding.

The only bible defined way to pray with your spirit is found here.  When one prayers in the unknown tongue that one is praying with their spirit.  The conclusion is I will pray with my spirit (in the unknown tongue) and I will pray with my understanding (with the known tongue).  I will sing with my spirit (the unknown tongue) and I will sing with my understanding.  Paul declared he thanked God he spoke in tongues more than them all.  Part of worshiping is praying and singing with the unknown tongue.  It is not gibberish as some have suggested.  The scriptures declared it is speaking the mysteries and wisdom of God.  

1 Corinthians 14:26  How is it then, brethren? Whenever you come together, each of you has a psalm, has a teaching, has a tongue, has a revelation, has an interpretation. Let all things be done for edification.

Worship is a lifestyle; when you come into fellowship with other believers the normal should be sharing psalms, teachings, having a tongue, having a revelation, having an interpretation.  All this should be done with a heart to edify the body of Christ.

Psalm 95:1  Oh come, let us sing to the LORD ! Let us shout joyfully to the Rock of our salvation.  2  Let us come before His presence with thanksgiving; Let us shout joyfully to Him with psalms.  3  For the LORD is the great God, And the great King above all gods.  4  In His hand are the deep places of the earth; The heights of the hills are His also.  5  The sea is His, for He made it; And His hands formed the dry land.  6  Oh come, let us worship and bow down; Let us kneel before the LORD our Maker.  7  For He is our God, And we are the people of His pasture, And the sheep of His hand. Today, if you will hear His voice:

Put it in your mouth sing it, shout it!  Do it with thanksgiving God is great and worthy of all  our joyful praise.  Let us worship and bow down before the Lord our maker.  Hear His voice!

Psalm 138:1  I will praise You with my whole heart; Before the gods I will sing praises to You.  2  I will worship toward Your holy temple, And praise Your name For Your lovingkindness and Your truth; For You have magnified Your word above all Your name.

True worship comes with a surrendered heart!  Worship Him for His loving kindness and truth.  God has magnified His word above His name.  Praise and worship with the word of God in your mouth.

Daniel 6:3  Then this Daniel distinguished himself above the governors and satraps, because an excellent spirit was in him; and the king gave thought to setting him over the whole realm. 4  So the governors and satraps sought to find some charge against Daniel concerning the kingdom; but they could find no charge or fault, because he was faithful; nor was there any error or fault found in him.  5  Then these men said, "We shall not find any charge against this D aniel unless we find it against him concerning the law of his God."  6  So these governors and satraps thronged before the king, and said thus to him: "King D arius, live forever!  7  "All the governors of the kingdom, the administrators and satraps, the counselors and advisors, have consulted together to establish a royal statute and to make a firm decree, that whoever petitions any god or man for thirty days, except you, O king, shall be cast into the den of lions.

Daniel had an excellent spirit and had been a man of worship since his youth.  D aniel had found the favor with the king, even as Israel was in captivity because of their backsliding.  The other administrators who also served the king were jealous and plotted D aniel’s demise.   D aniel’s trouble came because he was a man of worship.

Daniel 6:8  "Now, O king, establish the decree and sign the writing, so that it cannot be changed, according to the law of the Medes and Persians, which does not alter." :9  Therefore King D arius signed the written decree.  10  Now when Daniel knew that the writing was signed, he went home. And in his upper room, with his windows open toward Jerusalem , he knelt down on his knees three times that day, and prayed and gave thanks before his God, as was his custom since early days. 11  Then these men assembled and found Daniel praying and making supplication before his God.  12  And they went before the king, and spoke concerning the king's decree: "Have you not signed a decree that every man who petitions any god or man within thirty days, except you, O king, shall be cast into the den of lions?" The king answered and said, "The thing is true, according to the law of the Medes and Persians, which does not alter."  13  So they answered and said before the king, "That Daniel, who is one of the captives from Judah , does not show due regard for you, O king, or for the decree that you have signed, but makes his petition three times a day."

The other administrators set a plot and the king was brought into the plan through trickery.  Daniel enemies knew he practiced a lifestyle of worship to His God!  The decree to only worship the king was made and Daniel was not moved!  As was his custom he went into prayer 3 times a day.  Daniel was devoted to worshipping his God; Daniel lived a lifestyle of worship.

Daniel 6:14  And the king, when he heard these words, was greatly displeased with himself, and set his heart on D aniel to deliver him; and he labored till the going down of the sun to deliver him.  15  Then these men approached the king, and said to the king, "Know, O king, that it is the law of the Medes and Persians that no decree or statute which the king establishes may be changed."  16  So the king gave the command, and they brought Daniel and cast him into the den of lions. But the king spoke, saying to Daniel, "Your God, whom you serve continually, He will deliver you."  17  Then a stone was brought and laid on the mouth of the den, and the king sealed it with his own signet ring and with the signets of his lords, that the purpose concerning Daniel might not be changed.

The king had a heart for Daniel but the decree was irrevocable.  Notice the king giving Daniel an encouraging word “Your God, whom you serve continually, He will deliver you”.  In the lion’s den Daniel went.

Daniel 6:18  Now the king went to his palace and spent the night fasting; and no musicians were brought before him. Also his sleep went from him.  19  Then the king arose very early in the morning and went in haste to the den of lions.  20  And when he came to the den, he cried out with a lamenting voice to D aniel. The king spoke, saying to Daniel, " Daniel, servant of the living God, has your God, whom you serve continually, been able to deliver you from the lions?"  21  Then D aniel said to the king, "O king, live forever!  22  "My God sent His angel and shut the lions' mouths, so that they have not hurt me, because I was found innocent before Him; and also, O king, I have done no wrong before you."  23  Then the king was exceedingly glad for him, and commanded that they should take D aniel up out of the den. So Daniel was taken up out of the den, and no injury whatever was found on him, because he believed in his God.

The king spent a sleepless night wondering the fate of Daniel. However, the man of worship was delivered; God had shut the mouth of the lions.  It all happened because Daniel believed in his God.

HE BROUGHT ME OUT OF THE MIRY CLAY
My heart was distressed ’neath Jehovah’s dread frown, And low in the pit where my sins dragged me down; I cried to the Lord from the deep miry clay, Who tenderly brought me out to golden day.

Refrain:
He brought me out of the miry clay, He set my feet on the Rock to stay;
He puts a song in my soul today,A song of praise, hallelujah!

He placed me upon the strong Rock by His side, My steps were established and here I’ll abide; No danger of falling while here I remain, But stand by His grace until the crown I gain.

He gave me a song, ’twas a new song of praise; By day and by night its sweet notes I will raise; My heart’s overflowing, I’m happy and free; I’ll praise my Redeemer, Who has rescued me.

I’ll sing of His wonderful mercy to me, I’ll praise Him till all men His goodness shall see; I’ll sing of salvation at home and abroad, Till many shall hear the truth and trust in God.

I’ll tell of the pit, with its gloom and despair, I’ll praise the dear Father, who answered my prayer; I’ll sing my new song, the glad story of love, Then join in the chorus with the saints above.

No comments:

Post a Comment